“Home of the Future”
A Home Automation System can be broken down into three distinct phases: , and . As your “Home of the Future” experts, we walk you through each stage to ensure you understand what you’re getting and why you need it.
We developed our own “Universal Cabling System” that frees you from the worry of deciding exactly what you want now. We install the infrastructure, and you can start with as little or as much convenience as you wish.
Advanced SMART HOME technology
A structured cabling system can consist of one or more media sources, from basic phone lines and cable TV, to computer networks, surround sound and home theater, and security. If properly installed, multiple components can be added at any time, work together, and are easily accessible from any room in your house.
After years of designing and installing cabling in various home automation systems and components, the FulTech Team quickly realized the need for an open standard, expandable, upgradeable, cabling system that could be installed at the time of construction, yet allow for upgrades using any products, from any manufacturer, at any time.
So we invented the Universal Cabling System (UCS). This revolutionary system, frees you from the concern of your system becoming obsolete. With more than 10 years’ real-world use, our UCS has been listed in EH magazine and CE Pro Buyers Guide since 2000. We’ve designed our system to handle all of the sub-systems normally covered such as telephone, television, video, SAT and networking/LAN. We’ve also added wiring for home theatre, DSS, HDTV, distributed multi-source/multi-zone audio, touch screen/keypad control and other home automation systems.
We went one step further and designed the system with runs to and from specific areas, to ensure open system architecture. This architecture enables you to actually integrate all of the other sub-systems connected to the wiring infrastructure to create a fully integrated and expandable home automation system. And, if any part or sub-system breaks, becomes obsolete, or you just don’t like it anymore, we can change it with virtually any manufacturer’s product, designed for the same purpose.
UCS: WIRE WHEN READY!
The Universal Cabling System by FulTech includes all wiring for the following and many features ONLY available with UCS…
- Home networking, LAN, and DSL/Cable modem sharing
- Home theater (up to 2 complete systems)
- Multi-source/Multi-zone audio distribution (in every room)
- Infrared and/or keypad control of audio system from any room
- In house CCTV and DVR system
- Phone/intercom system (in each room)
- Doorbell to phone intercom wiring
- Automation control systems and brains
- Multiple door cameras
- e-appliance wiring (for future connected electronics)
A Quick Lesson in Wiring…to help you understand the different types and what they’re used for.
- Category 5 (100MHz) – This cable is used for phone/intercom systems, computer networks, access control and home automation. It’s also used in advanced audio distribution systems and infra-red control.
- Enhanced Cat 5 (up to 1Ghz) + Cat6 – The newest and fastest category rated wire, it’s used for high speed data transfer for all computer uses.
- Quad Shield RG6 (2.5 GHz) – This format is used for video and high speed data transmission throughout the home. It handles anything from satellite, TV, cable, cable modem, CCTV cameras, and more.
- 16/2 & 16/4 – Used for speaker wiring throughout the home. Most rooms are now pre-wired for speakers, volume controls, IR keypads or eyes.
- Infrared – Allows you to wire all your rooms so you can add total remote or keypad control of everything in the future.
STRUCTURED CABLING PACKAGES
Here’s a sample of the packaged systems others may offer; giving you an idea of what’s included. These options represent “starter packages,” while FulTech’s UCS covers these items and much more. With expandability and growth built in that’s greater than any other company’s system, your new FulHouse will typically contain between 90-200 drops per home (the systems below are typically from 20-60 drops):
BASIC STRUCTURED CABLING SYSTEM
- (6) Data outlets (CAT5E – 100BaseT/350MHz)
- (6) Phone outlets (CAT5 – 100BaseT capable)
- (18) Video in/out ports (2.4GHz Video)
- (1) Leviton 18 port media panel w/cover
- (1) Leviton 1×8 passive video splitter
- (1) AC power block
- (1) 8 port TelCom module
- (34) Total ports
- (10) Rooms
- (12) Locations
AUDIO DISTRIBUTION WIRING PACKAGE
- Includes everything above plus …
- (11) Rooms with speaker ready wiring
- (11) Volume control ready locations
- (2) Infra-red keypad/touch screen ready locations
- (1) Home theater room pre-wire (Dolby 5.1)
SMALL OFFICE HOME OFFICE (SOHO) WIRING PACKAGE
- Includes everything above plus…
- (1) Cable modem/DSL ready wiring (whole house)
- (1) DSL sharing capable (whole house LAN)
- (12) Total data/LAN ports (100 BaseT capable)
HOME THEATER PACKAGE
- Includes everything above plus…
- (1) Home theater pre-wire (Dolby 7.1 and DTS compatible)
- (1) Master bed simulated theater pre-wire (Dolby surround compatible)
- (1) Satellite, HDTV, and HSD pre-wire (HDTV and HD satellite ready)
FULHOUSE - TRIM OUT
This stage is the time to choose according to your preferences or budget, because every cable or wire run in the structured cabling plan doesn’t need to be used right away. In fact, most homeowners often choose to upgrade phone and network outlets later.
For example, a single Category 5 cable has 4 pairs of wires in it. A telephone line only requires one (1) pair, so you can trim out for a single phone line or multiple lines, a fax line, and modem line. You can even add a cable TV or cable modem outlet in the same plate.
That type of distribution do you want right now? What type of trim do you want, standard equipment, some specialized outlets, or a full plug-n-play trimming? Do you want to install speakers and volume controls now, or upgrade later? These are a few of the questions we’ll ask as we customize your home the way you want it.
Basic Trim – Standard trim plates for telephone and cable TV outlets. It also includes blank plates over unused outlets.
Advanced Trim – This allows for some combination outlets. It’s a standard trim that allows the combining of telephone, cable TV, and network outlets into a single jack.
Decora Trim – Leviton’s Decora style trim plates allow for combination outlets for two phone lines, networks or cable outlets. You can also get screwless Trim Plates, for an elaborate finished look.
SOHO & QuickPort Trim – Leviton’s QuickPort multi port trim plates, allows for multiple TV, phone, cable, and network ports in a single wall plate.
The final phase of the FulHouse home automation plan involves setup, configuration, integration and programming of all subsystems. It’s one thing to install a security system or a home theater, but to install both and then add lighting control, climate control, touch screens, and CCTV cameras, that all work in concert. That’s what turns your house into a FulHouse.
Remember the image of George Jetson coming home from a tough day working at Spacely Sprockets? Other than having to walk his dog Astro on the treadmill, everything was so easy for him once he got home. Now you can experience that same level of comfort when FulHouse automates your home and integrates everything into one system.
Just imagine yourself…
Arriving home in the evening, you pull in the driveway and the lawn lights illuminate, the garage lights turn on, and the garage floods light your way. Once inside, simply disarm the security system with your key chain remote, and the preferred “HOME” lights all brighten to their preset levels, the A/C sets to a comfortable temperature, and the TV switches on with your favorite program.
Once settled in at home, if someone approaches the driveway, a sensor alerts you with a pleasant chime, and if you are watching any TV in the house, automatically the driveway CAM pops up in the “picture in picture” so you know who’s arriving. When they ring the doorbell, you simply pick up any phone to speak with them, and to “buzz” them in, you just press #5 on the phone keypad.
You hold one remote control available in each room that works the TV, VCR, DVD and stereo, not to mention the lights, drapes, and a multitude of other things for that room. We’ll reduce your anxiety of trying to find the correct remote with one main touch screen or one remote, controlling everything in your home. A few universal TV remotes throughout the house or one for each room can control all the audio/video equipment for that room, plus the lights, appliances, ceiling fans, drapes/blinds, etc.
When you leave for work or for an evening out, just press one button to arm your security system. This option automatically sets back the A/C 10 degrees, turns all major lights off after 5 minutes, and switches any TV or A/V equipment off. If the alarm is triggered while you’re away, all lights in the house will flash for 5 minutes, and all exterior lights will illuminate.
SMART HOME SYSTEMS
Turn your home into a SMART solution.
FulTech is north Florida’s oldest and most experienced systems integration and home automation firm. Since 1995 we have been serving up the latest, highest quality and best systems in the Southeast. From Central Florida, The Cayman’s, The Bahamas, to North Carolina and Tennessee, FulTech can meet your most complex technology needs.
Let us help you make the right choice.
Call us today for a FREE phone consultation.